Wednesday 13 March 2013

Gwyneth Paltrow sparks controversy as she reveals she bans her family from eating carbs



Chris Martin’s wife says her children are left with that ‘specific hunger’ that comes with avoiding carbohydrates

Yahoo News UK
Gwyneth Paltrow has caused controversy by revealing she bans her family from eating carbs.
The mum-of-two – who’s famously followed some extreme diets in the past – says her whole family is intolerant of gluten, dairy and chicken eggs.
Gwyneth Paltrow has banned her family from eating carbs © GettyChris Martin’s wife has for the first time admitted that her diet influences her children – Apple, eight, and Moses, six - as well.
“Every single nutritionist, doctor and health-conscious person I have ever come across… seems to concur that [gluten] is tough on the system and many of us are at best intolerant of it and at worst allergic to it,” she wrote in her book It’s All Good, released next month.
Gwyneth revealed that sometimes are children are left starving by their lack of carbs.
“Sometimes when my family is not eating pasta, bread or processed grains like white rice, we’re left with that specific hunger that comes with avoiding carbs,” she admitted.
Gwnyeth Paltrow has sparked controversy with her diet before © Getty
Gwyneth's decision to force her diet habits onto her children has angered nutritionists who say they require different foods to adults.
"Children need different diets from adults and carbohydrates give us our energy so children need good quality carbohydrates [in their diets]," said nutritionist Dr Marilyn Glenville.
Marilyn stressed that it's a mix of good quality carbohydrates that is essential for kids' nutrition.
"It’s the variety that’s key for the children," she told Yahoo! Lifestyle. 
"Go for the good quality carbohydrates because [kids] use up so much energy.
"I think we just have to be careful of restricting their diets too much especially the girls or it’s going to cause a problem."
Marilyn warned that if children's diets are restricted of carbohydrates, it could cause them to be lacking in energy.
Gwyneth Paltrow has two children with husband Chris Martin © Goop
It’s not the first time the actress has sparked controversy with her diet choices, as she once collapsed as she was serving lunch to friends.
“One sunny afternoon in London, in the spring of 2011, I thought - without sounding overly dramatic - that I was going to die,” she wrote in her book.
The incident was so severe that Gwyneth believed she was having a stroke.
“I had just served lunch in the garden at home… I had a vague feeling that I was going to faint, and I wasn't forming thoughts correctly… I got a searing pain in my head, I couldn't speak, and I felt as if I couldn't breathe. I thought I was having a stroke,” she said.
Since then, Gwyneth has followed a strict diet and has cut out certain food groups including eggs, wheat and potatoes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here