Wednesday 25 February 2015

New Today: A Victim of My Father's Actions.



Ok so we have our first story, this story is just a typical example of how growing up in a lower class Africa family can be a disadvantage in life. No, I do not even think that is the case, I will say it is a case of a father that lived his life and left nothing for his kids now. This story is from a guy I met some years ago. With the years I have spent on earth, he is one of the few people I met that are really passionate about computing. We met at a computer school, NIIT, Nigeria to be précised. What I saw then was a brilliant guy, a talent that should be working under a good condition right now but unfortunately this is not the case now. It is surprising (in a bad way) to know he is where he is today.
photo credit: google search


  Back to the story now. I said earlier about a father that lived his life and forgot he has a future to protect, which were his kids. Before he had kids, this man was a Muslim that was allowed to marry more than one wife as long as he could provide for them. Money wasn't his problem as he was a top banker then therefore, he fell into the temptation of marrying 6 wives. He was really leaving the life and at some point was caught stealing money from the bank.


Here is how he said;
''My father started impregnating women while he was still working at the bank,
he has more than three wives, three presently living together, and i know about
three outside not living with him. I can tell you, I do not even know if it is more than that.
I do not know all his other children as well. However, he was sacked from work after the stealing scandal.
he had no property to boast for, after years of working as a top banker. He then decided to go into farming, he started distributing cocoa but had accident along the way and therefore took time off to take care of himself. He later became a Christian.
Back to the present now, everything is so difficult. So much family problems, the environment is not conducive at all, no unity, no love and no money. I can not even get my NIIT certificate because I am not done paying. I have been feeding myself, I turned 20 on the 18th of this month. When I go for my computer training my face is always dull because I do not play at home.
I will cover my face for no one to know what is really going on and God was helping me, he made me so brilliant and for just that I am lucky.
I have the brain but no money and those that does not have the brain, have the money.''
My question is why having so many wives and children when you can not take care of them?. Forget about been a top banker you cant make enough money through that. This is really common in Africa homes, some men do not even work anymore leaving everything to their wives but that is a story for another day. The important thing now is how this talented, brilliant humanbeing will start being useful. Do you have a job or something that can help him? please please and please people any little thing will help. Email hadeollar@gmail.com or send me a facebook message. Thanks.